Usain Bolt’s agent revealed on Monday night that the triple Olympic champion has made a full recovery from muscle tightness that hampered him at the Jamaican Olympic trials and is training normally and “good to go” to defend his titles in London.
Last week, Bolt flew to Munich for treatment by celebrated sports doctor Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt just days after he suffered a double defeat in the 100 metres and 200m at the hands of his training partner, Yohan Blake.
Following his 200m loss, his first over the distance outside a qualifying heat since 2007, Bolt was given hamstring-stretching treatment on the Kingston track.
A statement was released a few days later to announce that he was being withdrawn from the Diamond League meeting in Monaco on July 20, where he was due to contest the 200m in his final competitive outing before the Olympics.
The sprinter’s subsequent journey to Germany for medical treatment raised fears that the world’s greatest athlete was struggling with a serious problem just weeks before the start of the Olympics.
But Bolt’s agent, Ricky Simms, insisted the problem was nothing more serious than a tight hamstring and said that he was fully recovered and training normally.
He added that Bolt was now in London, his usual European base during the summer, and would be remaining there until he joins up with his countrymen at Jamaica’s pre-Olympic base in Birmingham before a few days before opening ceremony. Simms said there were no plans for Bolt to return to Jamaica before the start of the Games.
“He’s back to normal, he’s back in full training and he’s good to go,” said Simms, who dismissed reports that Bolt had been suffering from a more serious back problem and that his Olympic prospects had been in jeopardy. “His body is back to normal. The muscle tightness has gone.” (Telegraph.co.uk)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Grace A Comment!